Monday, February 10, 2014

Emotional weekend

I didnt realize it was an emotional weekend until I was posting on Facebook & realized I'm deeply & profoundly sad.
We moved dad into his apartment this weekend. 75 years old & in an apartment. It's a nice one in a nice facility but Damn it. In the last 2 months the man has lost his wife, his dog and his home. I can't stop & think about it. It makes me want to cry, eat & throw up all at once. All I can say is thank god he has been financially savvy or at least stable and that he has mike & me & our families.
Because I havent taken time to deal with these emotions they are affecting my eating. I didn't think Much about food this weekend. Didn't think much about anything except unpacking, moving & getting him settled. This morning I ate breakfast twice. Then I had a bag of m&ms. And to think I didnt consider myself an emotional eater. Really?  The question is how long can I suppress these emotions, put them aside & not deal with them?  As long as I do I know I won't eat right. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment